Join us for our 1st DASH for DANNI 5k
From: Joseph A. Foran High School – 80 Foran Rd Milford, Ct
Run/Walk – All Abilities
Kids Fun Run
Sunday April 2nd 11:30 am
Here’s what you get:
- A scenic, fun 3.1mi course – Run along our beautiful shore, thru the Woodmont area, & back to Foran.
- T- Shirt to all those who register in advance by March 15th, 2017.
- Free snacks to refuel, and water to rehydrate, plus a chance to hang out with friends and support a great cause!
- Registration online at tlmracing.com $25.00 19 & over, $20.00 18 & under.
- Free 1/10 mi kid’s fun run before the 5k if weather permits at 11:20 am.
- Pre-registration pickup on Saturday April 1st, 2017 at The Edge of Milford from 8-11 am.
- Event management by Marty Schaivone- MS Running Productions. MSRP also directs The Turkey Trot, MADD Dash, and Tommy Mac 5ks in Stratford as well as The Great Pumpkin Classic and Hot Oil 5k.
- PLEASE make checks payable to: Foran High School
PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT DANNI KEMP!
Dash for Danni 5k registration click on this link to the left to register for the race!
Danielle Kemp is a 19 year old Milford CT native, a Foran HS alum, and currently a Division 1 student-athlete at Stony Brook in Long Island. As an avid softball player since childhood, Danni was spending this summer the same way she has been for the past 10 years, playing summer softball; only this year, she was in a Brakettes uniform the whole summer. In early July, Danni got hit by a pitch in the helmet during an at-bat. As a few weeks passed Danni began experiencing balance problems, trouble focusing, and dizziness. Doctors had initially thought it was a concussion, but after an MRI was ordered, they realized it was not a concussion. After being sent to Yale-New Haven Hospital, Danni and her family were informed that she has an inoperable brain tumor in the Pons region of her brain. Due to the location, surgery is not an option, Danni will begin radiation therapy on August 29th, and will receive treatment Monday through Friday, for a total of 6 weeks. The team of doctors at Yale is still working to come up with the best plan of care to continue with after the 6 weeks of radiation. The family is very hopeful for new clinical trials that should be available in the near future.
Danni is the toughest young woman we have all ever met, and is more than ready to fight this. Her strong and indomitable will has already proven to be more than enough to battle and beat a rare kidney disease while she was in high school. This will be a battle but with so many people who know and love Danni and her Family, they’ve got an army behind them. With that being said, there are so many people looking to help so we’ve started with this page in hopes of raising money for the family to offset any costs that they may face in this upcoming battle.
Danni, Alyssa,Melinda and Cliff, will continually need all of the positive thoughts, prayers, support throughout these next few months. With a large community who loves this family, they will undoubtedly have the endless support that they need throughout this whole process. We ask that you please share this page on Facebook, through email, by word of mouth, etc. We want this page to reach the most people it possibly can.